Any anaesthetist working through us is required to have up-to-date training in the following areas (in line with the national NHS supplier frameworks):
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS) (adult or paediatric as appropriate) – classroom based training only.
- Manual Handling – classroom based training initially with an annual online update.
- Safeguarding Children Level 2
- Safeguarding Children Level 3 (only required for Emergency Medicine; Paediatrics; Psychiatry; GP; some Gynaecologists)
- Fire Safety
- Complaints Handling
- Health and Safety (including COSHH and RIDDOR).
- Infection Prevention and Control (including MRSA and Clostridium Difficile).
- Lone Worker
- Information Governance (including Data Protection and Caldicott Protocols).
- Handling of Violence and Aggression
- Equality and Diversity and Inclusion
- Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Handling medications and Avoiding Drug Errors
- First Aid in the Workplace
- Food Hygene
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
To ensure a high standard of compliance, your recruiter will alert you when a training certificate is close to expiring
For any areas where you do need to complete training, there are sections below on a number of ways you can take these courses – both online and classroom based.