Registering as a locum
There are a number of documents required from anaesthetists in order to register for locum work in the UK. At Anaesthetists Agency we aim to make registration as simple as possible for you and are always available via telephone or email for assistance.
In order to register you will need to read our hand book and terms & conditions. You will then be required to complete and return the registration documents. The majority of our forms are editable, which makes completing them very easy. On average it only takes between 5 -10 minutes to complete.
It will also be necessary for you to have a face-to-face meeting where one of our team will find out what you’re looking for in terms of work so we can best match locum jobs to your availability, qualifications, clinical experience and location preferences. All your documents will also be fully verified and we will obtain a copy of your signature which will then be held on your file.
If you are not signed up to the DBS update service, you will need to undertake an Enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB) specifically for Anaesthetists Agency – which we will pay for on your behalf. If you have been out of the UK for the past 6 months or are new to the UK, a current police check from your country of origin will be requested.
If you have any queries please call our team on 01590 675 111.
- An up to date CV with any gaps in employment of 3 months fully explained
- 3 up to date referees including name, address, contact numbers and email addresses to enable us to apply for references. Two of these must support your grade and specialty, from each of your most recent engagements of two weeks or more in duration.
- Your passport (we must see the original) with appropriate visa stamp
- A passport size photograph with your name and GMC number written on the back which we will use for your ID badge
- Original certificates of Basic and Higher qualifications
- UK Occupational Health serology reports for: Varicella, Rubella, Measles and Mumps, Hepatitis B. For EPP candidates we also require Surface Antigen tests for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV.
- Proof of BCG scar or evidence of immunity to Tuberculosis
- Original GMC or GDC certificate of registration plus annual certificate
- Original certificates of professional body membership, eg Royal Colleges
- Any training certificates you have such as your Basic Life Support certificate or higher. We can arrange discounted training for any courses you require for Compliance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance certificate if you have one